A responsible corporate citizen, the B. D. group
has displayed an innate desire and a missionary zeal to contribute to the welfare and social up-liftment of the community. We have provided educational, medical, housing, recreational and spiritual support for its employees at all our plants. We also manage CHARITABLE TRUSTS, which takes on the company & social responsibility.
Living in a turbulent and busy world, we hardly find time to help those who are less privileged than us. A driving desire to serve the needy and deserving has been a motivating factor behind the establishment of a Charitable Trust in the name of Shri Bachraj Smruti Trust.
The trust has built a public bus stand at Pachpadra, under the "Apna Gaon Apna Kam"
yojna by the Government of Rajasthan. The bus stand was then declared as a Sub - Depot for Barmer dist. on its inauguration by the then Chief Minister of Rajasthan - Shri Ashok Gehlot.
Shri Bachraj Smruti Trust
was established in the year 1984. The trust is currently operated with well-diversified interest. Some of the projects of the trust are:
- The trust has built a social welfare building: Chopra Bhavan, given for social purposes like religious ceremonies, welfare camps, marriages providing a very good infrastructure for these purposes in the village.
- The trust runs the only English medium school in the native village of the promoters- Pachpadra, under affiliation with Kidzee group. Started with a mere 16 children in 2008, today the student strength is 154, and growing steadily.
- On the personal front also, the directors of the group are associated with a host of charitable & social institutions some of which are as under:
- Religion: Founder Trustee of Shree Vasupujya Swami Jain Derasar Trust -Mumbai, Jain Kriya Bhavan, Pachpadra (Rajasthan) and various other places.
- Education: Major contribution Adarsh Vidhya Mandir School, Pachpadra
- Social welfare: Major contribution in the Oswal Bhavan, Pachpadra
- Co-founder & trustee of Shri Nakoda Jain Seva Sangh, which has built a Jain sanatorium in the heart of the city, Mumbai named "Shri Nakoda Bhavan", providing accommodation to the patients and their escorts coming to Mumbai for treatment. It also provides accommodation to Jain students.